Lane lines are set up each morning. During the summer months, lane lines are removed at 11:00 am and are replaced at 5:00 pm each day (except for one
Children’s Use of the Pool
Children* are allowed to use the pool from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm daily (summer from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm), except for 15 minutes at the beginning of each hour (during the summer months). During lapdesignated times, children may use the pool, provided they are respectful of lap swimmers.
AREA RULES & REGULATIONS
use the pool at their own risk
- Members and their guests must sign in upon arrival at the Club.
Failure to do so will result in a charge to the member’s account.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children. Children under 18, without a junior membership, must be
accompanied by an adult member.
are required for all children. Swim diapers are not allowed in the “Big pool”
- Reserving Sun Lounges at the poolside is never permitted. They are
on a first come, first serve basis. During peak usage, lounges are
intended for adults and children age 14 and over. The deck area (parallel to Manning Ave.) is for adults only.
- There is a mandatory 10-minute break at the top of each hour. At
that time children (age 8 and under) must exit all pools for the
full 10 minutes.
- All children must take the swim test to swim in
any of the pools,
if they have not passed the swim test they must be accompanied by an adult
to swim (one child per adult.)
Please see the Lifeguard or Fitness Director in order to take the swim
the exception of swim lessons all children must be accompanied, that is
within reach and with visual contact, by a parent when in the big pool.
are on duty during the summer months. Please be aware of their location in
the event you need their help or assistance. Please do not interfere with the lifeguard when he/she is on duty
they are here for your safety, they are not here to baby-sit, watch your
belongings, or take phone calls. Their job is to monitor the pool area.
- NO RUNNING IN THE POOL AREA.
- NO DIVING OR JUMPING (ONLY EXCEPTION FOR CHILDREN
PARTICIPATING IN SWIM LESSONS WITH BHCC INSTRUCTORS)
- NO HORSEPLAY, PUSHING OR DUNKING OTHER SWIMMERS.
- NO PLAYING, CLIMBING OR HANGING ON OR AROUND THE
LADDERS, STAIRS, FLAGPOLES OR
- NO FLOTATION DEVICES SUCH AS WATER WINGS,
DOUGHNUTS OR OTHER DEVICES ARE PERMITTED IN ANY OF THE POOLS. ONLY RED
CROSS APPROVED LIFE VESTS ARE PERMITTED.
- NO ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA.
- NO GLASS ITEMS IN OR AROUND THE POOL AREA.
- ALL FOOD MUST BE KEPT AT THE TABLES. NO OUTSIDE
FOOD OR BEVERAGES PERMITTED.
- NO SMOKING AND NO CELL PHONES
“Big Pool” Rules
- Only children 6 years and older who have passed
the swim test are allowed to use the big pool. (The only exception is for
children participating in swim lessons with a BHCC swim instructor.)
- No swim
diapers are allowed in the big pool.
“Little Kids Pool” Rules
- Open to all children.
- Children who are not potty trained must use swim
- Children who have not passed the swim test must
be accompanied in the pool by an adult, no exceptions.
- The whirlpool and whirlpool deck area is for the
relaxation and enjoyment of our adult members. Usage is restricted to adults and children 14 – 18
accompanied by an adult.
- Elderly persons, pregnant women, infants and those with
health conditions requiring medical care should consult with a physician
before entering a whirlpool.
water immersion while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, drugs or
medicines may lead to serious consequences and is not recommended.
of the significant health risks that might arise from increasing a child’s
body temperature absolutely no children under that age of 14 years are
permitted to use whirlpool.
For the safety of all, full compliance with the rules and
regulations of the Club is required. BHCC reserves the right to remove any
person from the premises and to refuse future admittance if those individuals
are found to be in violation of the rules and regulations noted above.
Effective August 15, 2009
Enjoy dining poolside with food served fresh from the grill. The menu consists of a number of lunch staples, including fresh salads, sandwiches, grilled hamburgers, as well as an extensive children’s menu. Beer, wine and mixed drinks may also be purchased at the grill.
7 days a week, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm during the summer Saturday & Sunday, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm during the winter.
*Children that require waterproof swim diapers, are only permitted in the Children’s Pools.